For a long time people thought sensitive was a ‘type,’ but it can actually occur across any variation of skin. Here we explain what it is, and the best way to treat it.
Intense Pulsed Light Treatment (IPL)
Images show before and after treatment of redness with LIMELIGHT (IPL).
*All before and after images shown on our website are results achieved by our team in South Yarra.
In a perfect world your skin would be as even in tone as Beyoncé’s voice. But if your skin needs a little help reaching those high notes, Limelight IPL could be for you. This impressive, non-invasive treatment improves skin tone and texture in less than an hour.Book Consultation
Not suitable for pregnancy
Because this is no ordinary laser, literally! Don’t get confused IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light and these machines aren’t lasers. IPL machines are termed “broad spectrum” because they deliver many wavelengths of light to the skin at once. Lasers, on the other hand, deliver just one specific wavelength, making Limelight IPL superior in its ability to treat a number of different skin concerns simultaneously.
First off, you’ll be provided with safety eyewear. While they may not lift your style game, they will protect those precious retinas. Your Script Skincare practitioner will then pass the IPL over the area to be treated. You may feel some slight discomfort during the procedure, but rest assured, the sensation won’t last long.
Key items to be aware of:
- Redness and a feeling of sunburn may occur and could last up to 48 hours.
- Swelling may occur and may also last up to 48 hours.
- When brown spots are treated, they will darken and flake off over one week. Areas other than the face will take 10-14 days.
- Any areas of bruising may take 7-10 days to settle.
- For best results a series of treatment may be required spaced weeks or months apart. Because we’re all different we’ll create a plan that’s right for you.
15-45 minutes depending on the size and number of areas to be treated.